Canberra High School
Parents & Citizens Assoc.
The Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) is a great way to stay informed, share ideas and be involved with our school.
The P&C welcomes all Canberra High families and community members. We are a group of enthusiastic parents and carers who contribute to the school and students through community building, events, uniform store, canteen, fundraising and more.
We work with the school to provide a forum for sharing information and ideas, coordinate events, run the second-hand uniform store, oversee the canteen, and help raise funds for activities, services and equipment.
We are always keen to hear new ideas that support our school and students!
If you would like to know more or are able to offer some time or expertise, come along to a meeting or email: email@example.com
Join our next meeting to find out about our activities, share your ideas, and to hear updates from our Principal, Board and others about what’s happening around school.
P&C meetings are usually held between 7.00 to 9.00pm on Tuesdays of Weeks Three and Eight each term.
For specific meeting dates, refer to the Canberra High newsletter and the calendar on the school website: http://www.canberrahs.act.edu.au/our_school/calendar
Our second-hand Uniform Store is run by dedicated P&C volunteers to provide families with a range of pre-loved items at very competitive prices.
Second-hand items can be purchased at events such as the Year 7 information night. Interested parents can also contact the Front Office or the Uniform Store coordinator to arrange a time to come in.
Front Office phone: (02) 6142 0800; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Uniform Store coordinator: email@example.com
Donations of good quality second-hand uniforms can be left at the Front Office – thanks!
"Cares Cafe" Canteen Sub-Committee
The Canberra High School “CARES Café” Canteen provides a variety of food options for students and staff every day of term.
A small team of P&C volunteers oversee the canteen and work with the school to support canteen staff. The sub-committee meet in Weeks Two and Seven each term, and always welcome new faces!
For more information on the canteen, menu and ordering: https://www.canberrahs.act.edu.au/our_school/canteen
Activities and Fundraising
A hard-working team of P&C volunteers coordinate a range of events and fundraising activities for families and students throughout the year, including Trivia Nights, Bunnings BBQs, mangoes and cherries, Entertainment Books, and community partnership programs with Grill’d Belconnen and the Canberra Southern Cross Club.
The fundraising efforts of our amazing volunteers has enabled the P&C to support a range of projects and activities such as:
• professional writers to deliver workshops for students at the Writers Camp
• support for students representing the school at the F1 in Schools competition
• contributions towards the school laser cutter
• motivational speaker for the Year 9 Leadership Day
• portable Bluetooth soundbox creation project for students
• support for students representing the school at the Tournament of Minds competition
• annual Year 10 student awards for community contribution
• class novels for Year 9
• appreciation gifts and catering for teachers and staff including on World Teachers Day
• 'virtual suggestion and Q&A box’ to support parents during online learning
• digitisation of CHS Yearbooks 1943-79 plus the Jubilee Yarralumlan and the Diamond Jubilee Yarralumlan.
The P&C is also proud to have assisted the school source a range of government and non-government grants for school initiatives such as:
• development of a ‘grab and go’ vegetable garden, herb garden and small fruit tree orchard
• electronic scoreboard for the school gymnasium
• development of the Indigenous Garden
• parent information forums such as the Safe & Inclusive Schools presentations
• library resources for student services related to raising teenagers, teen resilience building, mindfulness and parent/teen relationships
• catering for family events such as the Year 7 information night and ‘100 days of school’ celebrations
• library resources to support students and parents understanding of Indigenous Australia through poetry, photography and storytelling
• school prospectus for Year 7 students and families
• IT equipment for live-streaming P&C meetings and other school activities.
Community Partnership - Canberra Southern Cross Club
Did you know when you dine at the Canberra Southern Cross Club (Jamison, Tuggeranong, Woden or the Yacht Club Yarralumla), 7.5% of your meal and beverage value can be donated back to the P&C?
Entertainment Book membership
Entertainment Book memberships provide a range of offers on gift cards, dining, shopping, travel and more.
When you buy through this link the P&C receives $14 from each book: https://www.entertainment.com.au/orderbooks/23g665